Observe. Practice. Support. Foster.
Our mission is to:
- Observe, understand, and preserve forest ecosystem health;
- Practice forest-centered conservation that is holistic and adaptive;
- Support careful management of local family forests for ecological, economic, and social benefits; and
- Foster a forest culture focused on community well-being, ecological resilience, and the quest of an optimal land ethic.
Our vision is mutually beneficial relationship between people and the forest communities in which we live, rooted in gratitude, ingenuity, prudence, compassion, and wholeness. We aim to:
- Cultivate a more intense consciousness of the forest community.
- Raise awareness of the interweaving of forest ecosystem health, flood resilience, and water quality.
- Promote clean water as Vermont premier forest product